Wednesday 30 January 2013

Moon Child

Head spinning,
energy 
running around
my being. 

Out of focus.
The moon
shows
me
my deepest secrets. 

''Come up, come up,''
she says,
enticing me 
 into 
her bosom. 

''Release
all that pains you,
child.'' 

Let the rain,
let the thunder,
let the lightning,
clear
all of you, 
all you cry about,
all that makes you want to die. 

''Soon, child,''
she says. 

Feel my stillness,
feel my light,
feel my love 

for you.

Because
you are my only. 

My heart beats only for you. 
Even if it breaks
every night
in my dreams. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow...such a hopeless romantic you are :) I love how you write with such emotion and beautiful passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I admit it... I am a hopeless romantic! :) Inspiration courtesy of nature, and all of her elements last night. Thank you. :)

    As Oscar Wilde said: ''To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.''

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bernadette. :) Hope your writing is going well also. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem is beautiful. It glows with peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Julia for your beautiful comment. Very sweet to read. :) x

    ReplyDelete