Friday 7 June 2013

A New Language


Move in a way
that opens you.

Sit.
Walk. 
Run. 

Feel the lost parts
of you
speak their own language,

of 
sadness,
of
being forgotten,
of
feeling lonely in your own skin.

Move
through it all
to your light,

at the end
of the tunnel. 

And 
when you wonder
how on earth you made it this far,
and
never gave up, 

remember,
you moved through it all, 
like a child
willing to feel their pain,
and 
letting it all go 
for the next best thing. 

Learn the language that your body speaks. 




2 comments:

  1. I really like this. This is what I needed to hear tonight, thank you.

    The image goes so well with this message too.

    I'm a kind of person who keeps my emotions inside, letting the negativity and doubts grow... and then I feel impulsive and want to makes drastic changes to escape my sadness... which are not rational because it's not an escape I am after, but the destination which I cannot see yet.

    I feel things intensely and it can be very overwhelming and lonely at times.

    I hope you don't mind that my comment, which is meant for you, I'd like to note on my blog. It sums up my current state very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lia for your comment.

      It is funny as I am so like you in that way. I wish so much that I could just ''chill out'' sometimes, like the way other people seem to do that.

      And then, I think, well the way I am is better, as I am tuned into myself, and have good judgement as a result of my strong emotions. It has helped me in so many situations now. It also means that the emotions receive full expression through my poetry and other means, so nothing gets stagnant.

      No problem. It is your comment and they are your words. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. :)

      Delete